HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELIES!
Wow, it’s the beginning of another year. The end of the old. A fresh start. Commitment to changes, resolutions, intentions, dreams. It’s a great time of year here in Australia, the sun is shining, the weather is warm and anything is possible. I love it!
I also love to bring the New Year in with my friends and my favourite cocktail – the Margarita. As my Irish pal Rita is staying with me for a couple of weeks, it seemed especially fitting that we celebrate the marking of time with a cocktail containing her name.
I have to extend my sincere thanks to Rita as Rita is singly responsible for introducing me to a lovable but spectacularly cringe-worthy Irish Band called Crystal Swing with their “hit” single “He drinks Tequila” (which we watched and laughing hysterically at while drinking Tequila-soaked Margaritas). Take a look at the video below for a giggle.
OK, the perfect Margarita – Megsie stylee – goes like this and should have you talking dirty in Spanish – pronto!:
1/3 cup tequila
1/3 cup triple sec
1/4 cup lemon juice
Lemon or lime wedges to decorate
4 Margarita glasses or cocktail glasses of your choice
1. Place tequila, triple sec and lemon juice into blender.
2. Fill blender (to the top) loosely with ice.
3. Blend on high speed until the mixture has no big lumps and looks like a slushie.
4. Shake some salt onto a side plate
5. Rub the rim of the 4 glasses with a wedge of lemon or lime
6. Turn glasses upside down into the salt to rim them with a crust of salt.
7. Pour Margarita mix into glasses
8. Garnish with a wedge of lemon or lime
10. Watch following video…
11. Cringe a lot… Gotta love Mum playing the keyboard!